Thursday, July 8, 2010

Song For A Dead End (or a Rainbow)

He's a rainbow,
When he comes,
To me,
With a brainstorm in his eyes.
He's a rainbow,
When he comes.
And brings me a hundred new questions with all he implies...

He's a color,
Then another,
And he's there on every wavelength
In between.
He's a spectre,
On a spectrum,
He's the most peculiar science I've ever seen.

And I'll try not be faithless,
Though the sky's such a vague...
Thing sometimes;
No walls or lines.
Just sunset and rise.

He's a razor,
When I kiss him,
And sometimes he leaves blood,
In my mouth.
But he's a rainbow,
When I miss him.
And how can my compass point north when everything goes south?

So I try to be patient
When I'm filled up with rain-
bows and knives;
Where doubt archives.
I've lived nine too many lives.

He's a rainbow,
When he comes,
To me with all the energy,
of the sun.
And I'm a rainbow,
When he comes.
Isn't this what all the elements looked like when they were still one?

And if we are a storm cloud,
You're the air where I hang,
At the very height,
Of human sight;
Just reflecting your light.

I'm just reflecting your light.

No comments:

Post a Comment