Thursday, December 10, 2009

Last Minute Final Update

I worked since 5am every day this week (and last week I think) and I pulled it all together at the last second. My water bottle armor was pretty much what I wanted it to be. One of the most intricate pieces was this helmet.



I had to heat the plastic economy sized cranberry juice bottle (recylable number 1 plastic) with a hair dryer to get it to form to my head. Don't worry I put a towel over my head before I started melting plastic to it.

The next adornoment I created was from the bottle labels. It was a long, tall banner/flag like a Samurai would wear on his back into battle. The framing object that the banner hung between was parts of a portable aluminum shelving unit which I wasn't using yet.



And here is a detail image. You can't see the packing but one of the labels reads "Ethos Water, helping children get clean water." Number 1 plastic. Woot.




I couldn't affix the banner to my costume and since I wasn't fighting anyone in particular so I just held it for the video. The metal made a really sturdy frame though.

No comments:

Post a Comment