Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Plastic Conundrum



These are #1 plastic bottles. Many. This, my friends is a crime scene. And I am the criminal. But karmic law is all in place because my intentions were good. I began saving these bottles and putting my own beverages from home in them so that I could A) reuse something that is typically wasted after one use, and B) have a quick and convenient beverage option for the road when leaving the house in a hurry... which is typical. However, I was informed by Bess that in my efforts to help the environment I was in fact poisoning myself with the hormone distruptors and other baddies which leach onto beverages and foods when placed inside these plastics. And washing them like I would any other container with warm soapy water was only expediating the contamination process.

No comments:

Post a Comment