Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New Scene Masks for Kloeshi

How should I create a variety of very atmospheric scenes without access to the places I'd like to shoot them in? I suppose I just make Theatre. With these images I have created an alpha mask to shade out the silhouette of a certain scenic element I want in a piece of video. 


Then I layer the mask over the silhouetted video I've taken to put the characters in the scenery. The end result is not necessarily photo realistic as American filmmakers and audiences typically find as the goal of film, but instead creates a mood narrative.


In these scenes the nuns take Kloeshi with them from their humble cloister in the woods, to pay a routine visit to the clergy at the large expensive cathedral in the city. Here we begin to see the hierarchical structure of the society in this story, and the power inequality and suffering which stems from within.

No comments:

Post a Comment